View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 04:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Irnldy001

OMG so much to share

Hi all
I know I've been quiet as of late. I wanted to share that I celebrated two years of sobriety from alcohol on January 8th. So that feels good!

In the meantime I've been outpatient for my eating disorder (and feel I've done well on, as well as bipolar disorder).

While I was in the worst of times I put my name on waitlists for inpatient for ED with alcohol as comorbid. The wait list was huge. I got an outpatient slot and I jumped. It has been great for me. Worked great. My goal was to be sober and to be 115 pounds by Christmas. I am 112 pounds and I am sober.

So the next issue. I was offered a spot that just came up inpatient for 90 days not so far from where I live for ED/ comorbid with addiction. I'd have to check in on Sunday. I can manage it with home but not sure about work. I'm not sure what to do because I am working my programs and doing well. But at the same time I'm not going to poo poo a program that could help me long term. I''ve suffered so long with ED I don't know how to say no. Anything that helps I welcome it.
I will miss my kids for 90 days, and I am sorry for the upheaval it may cause my family, but wondering if this is too good to pass up
OR should I stay the course, because I'm home with my kids and I've gained weight and I have stayed sober.
Any advice is welcome