Old 08-28-2005, 09:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Girlfriend

Hi SBS!

We codies have addictive minds. We're addicted to the A's in our lives and just like any other addict, you get rid of one habit, you can pick up another one.

$25 isn't that much to be spending on yourself and every now and then, it's okay to go out and treat yourself to something new and pretty.

BUT, people can go to the extreme on that. Then, they end up with a totally new problem..........big time debt.

I'm self-employed and volunteer alot. During Sept-Feb each year, I work at a large non-profit. I'm doing okay financially. Have paid off my debts and have good credit. (thank God) But, I've seen it with some ladies I know. They get on Ebay and buy the stupidest things! Or, the home shopping channel. I think they buy just to win the bid and then their home is cluttered with a bunch of junk.

I'm a clothes horse (and shoes), but what I do is go to this really neat and clean, great brand new clothes........thrift store and get brand labels at ridiculously low prices. Then, I shop at different grocery stores each week because one is cheaper in the produce, one is cheaper in the meat.....etc. They're all within the same area, so it doesn't cost extra to drive to each one.

I only buy when things go on sale. Sometimes, I shop on Spiegel cause they have awesome clothes for cheap prices. Always having sales.

So, you can shop for yourself, but only get what you need, pay off your debts FIRST and shop cheaply.

Hope that helped some.