View Single Post
Old 01-09-2017, 01:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
mm1741

Thank you for the welcome enfin. You are correct on all counts!

A bit more:
The last time I tried to quit was a few years ago. I think I managed about 2 weeks, but I wasn't doing it for myself nearly as much as the girl I was with, and we all know how that works out.
I feel different this time around. My mood is swinging about obviously; alternating between terror at not smoking weed any more and optimism at all the positives there are to quitting. I know how important staying busy is, especially initially. I have a full time job with plenty of room for working extra hours and learning new skills. I have a gym membership. and weight training has always been an extremely important component of my life. Sadly, it has been neglected more and more in recent years as the smoking has slowly taken over.
I know that everyone is different physiologically, but here is what i'm expecting:
Mood swings (I HATE these; obviously being an addict I am sensitive to mood)
Night sweats - last time I quit I was surprised at how bad these were
Vivid dreams/nightmares
Insomnia
LACK OF APPETITE - this is a big one for me. I actually binge eat (on junk food) when i'm stoned but when i'm not I find food very unappealing. I assume this is something that will go away as the garbage is slowly eliminated from my system?