View Single Post
Old 01-08-2017, 05:10 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
soberlicious

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
BrickbyBrick,
Well you have all the evidence you need to know that drinking is a downhill run. You can say that you can't ever drink...or you can frame it that you won't drink again because you are claiming the one and only life you have as your own and you aren't going to eff it up with drinking. That decision can be consciously made and stuck to. That is well within your ability.

I have had people tell me it's impossible to quit and stay quit without a program. Those individuals may believe that to be true for themselves, but that is in no way an overall factual statement. It just isn't true. I'll tell you what was never good for me...doubt and fear. Doubt and fear were disastrous every time. Have confidence in your ability, You can do this.

I'm glad you feel you've turned a corner and that you've talked with your husband. He sounds very supportive. That's a nice thing to have. Read up on AVRT; the technique has been really helpful for many. Keep moving forward.