View Single Post
Old 01-05-2017, 07:51 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
AlcoholicJak

Originally Posted by Ken33xx View Post
Speaking for myself I kept drinking until I was 35 and my life became so screwed up I decided to do something.

However, until I reached that point I simply didn't want to stop. Just wanted to get it together. Today life is a lot simpler. By avoiding that first drink I don't get drunk. Is alcoholism a disease? Am I weak-will? Just plain f-up?

Who really knows?

All I know is if I start drinking again all bets are off. I just don't want to deal with all that again.

You're 27. Probably hard to image life without drinking. I get it. Still I something think about how different things might have been had I gotten sober in my mid-20's instead of at age 35.

But life is what it is.

Again best of luck.
This touches close to home for me. When you say "all bets are off" that is exactly how I am with alcohol.

I've ruined some great relationships in my life due to alcohol. Heck, the girl of my dreams walked out on me because I said some horrible things I could never take back while I was drunk. I've made some pretty dumb mistakes in my life and they all can be rooted to me getting blitzed. I would like to quit but on my own terms. I don't want to reach out to a program because I feel I can control my own life. What led to your own success?