View Single Post
Old 01-02-2017, 04:50 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
soberlicious

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Originally Posted by BrendaChenowyth
Is there ever a point where an addict can say, I never would have done those things, it was my addiction controlling me? Is that a cop out? Or am I supposed to accept that I am just that terrible of a person?
idk because I've done some pretty super sh*tty things long after I quit drinking. I don't think of myself as "a terrible person", but I have come to realize that my poor impulse control coupled with a penchant for any kind of adrenaline rush has led to some gravely wrong choices that have hurt others. So knowing this means that I must do something about it if I want to feel congruent.

There are def things I've done when drunk or high that I wouldn't have done if not under the influence. But everyone knows that heavy alcohol consumption results in lowered inhibitions and poor choices, so yeah it's pretty much on me when I chose to drink or use.

What do you consider "a terrible person"? Is this a condition that one has forever or can it be changed?