Thread: am i alone?
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2005, 10:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bikewench

cutting puts a face on our pain...

Just like my bulimia...
purging is a symbolic act that allows me a moments relief...

of course.. it's a dead end street relief wise... as the pain never goes away until I acknowledge it.. do the work around releasing it... and then continueing to work to keep my thinking in a right life manner....

The link at the bottom of my post has tons of information on personality disorders... and that is what afflicts us all...

I found myself in those words... and it set me free cause I knew finally that I wasn't crazy.. just trying to cope in the wrong... non workable way.

Gotta find the answers... the reasons...

The program tells me that I don't have to look for the reasons .... to jsut believe.... but.. it didn't quite do it for me...

I didn't need to jsut stop whatever...

I needed to understand what drove me to do it...

I know today... it's all locked up in my head...
Certain beliefs that lead to ways of coping... ways of protecting coping... getting my drugs... what I do to try to forget... and not think about and feel bad...

And our resistance to looking at this stuff...
that's the kicker...

aided and abetted with the crazy making effects of acting out... substance abuse.. not taking care of ourselves... yadda yadda yadda...

It's so sad really... that we all screw ourselves over like that....

Like I screamed with spit flying at my guy yesturday around his continual anger/rage episodes that he refuses to take responsibility for... preferring to blame outside of himself ...that just keeps him locked forever in the same negative life stealing thought beliefs/patterns.... deep breath...

"THIS IS FIXABLE... !"

Anway... a bit of my own stuff here... sorry...

In the answer to your question... "am I alone...?"

I say... only as alone as we allow ourselves to be...

I'm not even sure what that is.
the answers are out there..
I got well for my daughter as well... and I say .. go for it... with all your heart and soul...

Praying for you... for courage and perseverance...