View Single Post
Old 12-31-2016, 07:58 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
lizatola

She is not struggling in school nor does she give any teachers or other students a problem. She is charming and outgoing and well liked by her teachers and class.

And, it's funny, because yesterday and today she has been wonderful. Agreeable, doing what has been asked of her, participating in things with us, etc. I asked her to feed the dog this AM and I didn't have to ask a second time. There was no sighs, no arguing, no stomping around. But, here's the thing......her sister has been gone visiting family for 3 nights now. The girls will be reunited later today and I wonder if this is part of the problem?

As for the anger from the fallout from the divorce......well, she was already a hot headed explosive child, so the divorce certainly didn't help. She is just very spirited and her parents are struggling to manage her so I just do my best to get along and to be a good role model for the girls by loving their dad, by being honest with them, by accepting them and praising them for what deserves praise, etc.

The youngest one is often asking me, "Do you love my dad?" And I tell her yes and she just smiles and then runs off to tell her dad. I wonder if the mom isn't saying such nice things about him around the kids and if the little one feels she needs to defend dad(or stand by his side more) and know that he is loved by someone?