View Single Post
Old 12-31-2016, 05:57 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
nmd

Happy new years PJ! Google tells me it's 12:36am in the eastern parts of Oz

I was a 20year drinker. (I'm 41). I still had fun, but the problems were adding up. It was a game of Russian Roulette really. I'd be fine 9 times and go off the rails the 10th. (I guess i have 10 shots in my revolver, lol) I'd convince myself the 9 times were evidence I could drink and be OK. The frequency and severity of problems gots worse with time though, and the reality is I could never drink within safe limits. Slowly binge drinking became every day drinking and quitting got harder and harder even when the evidence against drinking piled up. Obsession over drinking became a daily thing. I've only had a few incidences of walking blackouts, where I couldn't remember what I did 5 minutes prior, but they are awful & life changing in the worst way.

I'll hit 3 months sober on the 10th and I'm enjoying ever minute. Going back to drinking would be a horror.

Having a few neighbors over tonight. One is in AA, so I've got that support. Besides that, I'm going to go fiddle with my guitar for a bit. I picked it back up in the past week and will start lessons up again with my son in the new year.

Have a great day and new years everyone!