View Single Post
Old 12-30-2016, 08:46 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
2muchpain

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
I'm anti meds.

Soooooo. I did it without. The body I was given is going to go out without psyche medication. I have to deal with life on life's terms.

There are lots of Cognitive Behavior techniques and meditation, prayer, exercise, nutrition, reading, 12 Step programs, etcetra which can address most problems - I just had to believe I would find the answers. I made medication the absolute last resort.
I totally agree with you as far as medication being the last resort, but sometimes it's necessary. I do believe like you do that a person has to do other things though to deal with their anxiety and depression issues. Too many people think a pill will solve all their problems, but I don't think that's true for most people. For me, the medication helps me to do other things that helps to deal with my issues such as going to the gym, trying new things, just being around people. A pill won't cure my issues. it only helps me to deal with them. Gotta do the work. It's kinda like therapy, AA or any other recovery program. These things won't cure my problems, but helps a lot when dealing with them. John