View Single Post
Old 12-30-2016, 04:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
letitend

Originally Posted by Ap052183 View Post
I'm so thankful for this forum. I come here every day and I feel less alone. Thank you!
Me too, virtually everyday. I wake up in the morning and read. It helps me to deal with my sadness.

My family understands to a degree. A few at my work totally get it. They all support me. Most are just like, DUH, why WOULDN'T you want to leave. They have kind of a, 'just get over it' attitude. What most don't understand is the emotional pain and hope that I held onto for so long. And naturally, they don't get it because their idea of attachment and needs is obviously alot different than mine. Mine are out of whack because of what I accepted for so long and how beat down my self esteem became over the course of a decade.

Thank God in Heaven for SR. Without this forum, I would probably still be with him not even understanding what in the heck was going on with myself. The irony is I grew up in a household where addiction was an issue. Truly, I was seeking to 'fix' something in holding on and trying to help my xA 'see the light' for soooo, so long.

Take care. Sending you a virtual hug.