View Single Post
Old 12-29-2016, 06:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
rockyMTNrider

Prozac (Fluoxetine) After Relapse

I have been spending the majority of this year trying to stop drinking alcohol. I have white knuckled several times this year with major relapses and finally started attending AA meetings. Once i got to the 90 day mark of sobriety i was overall better but still experiencing anxiety and depression. I made it just over 90 days and ended up going through a major 10 day relapse. As we all know the relapses are getting worse every time. I ended up in the ER twice. I'm getting through the withdrawals one day at a time.

A few days ago I went to get treatment for the withdrawal and after bringing my doctor up to speed he recommended Fluoxetine to treat possible depression. I just started taking it and have been reading a lot online.

I was just curious if anyone has had success with this. My thought is that i could take it for 6 months or so assuming it works and taper back off. After I'm clean. I do not want to be on Prozac long term but am looking for any solution to get myself clean and healthy.