Old 12-28-2016, 05:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
amy55

I hung up on the drama queen today, don't think I will be picking up that phone

I think everyone here knows that I do know my daughter needs a lot of psych help. I've been trying to keep things together mostly for my mom.

I lost it today. I was very calm, thank you SR for that, but just couldn't deal with things anymore.

My sister had Christmas at her house on Dec 26th. My daughter showed up to show off her engagement ring and her boyfriend. For those who don't know the story, my daughter is still married, and only filed for divorce in Oct.

Then she announced they would be married Oct 17, 2017. I don't think she will be divorced by then. So, she had an answer for that also, she would hold the reception before the marriage. I won't even get into that she wants the reception in Maryland, when she, and most of the relatives live in NJ. Everyone is just expected to rent a house for the weekend.

OK, so I am dealing with this, my son and other daughter is asking me to keep my cool, because so far the only person she is listening to is "me".

So, I get the phone call today. Hysterical crying. Her stbx took her children to my nephews house for Christmas, did I know about that???
How could they dare invite him over there???? Christmas is her holiday !!!!!!Telling me that I should call them and find out why they are doing this to her !!!!!

I told her that there's a chance they didn't invite him that perhaps he called and asked if he could bring the kids over.

Then I told her, when you are going through a divorce sometimes you lose some of the holidays. I told her that I lost Christmas Eve, it was always my family's day. Christmas Day was when you visited your partners family. I told her that I lost that day in my divorce. (Actually my daughter has Christmas Eve and always invites her dad, not me, then they also do a Christmas with his side of the family).

Well she was starting to touch raw nerves with me. I was still calm, and then brought up birthday parties that she might not be able to go to. (Just like all the parties I was never invited to, or I could come over the night before, help her cook and clean and then leave before my ex got there).

She told me that she couldn't have me there because I threatened to cut my ex's head off, leave it on the doorstep, ring the bell, when her children answered the door, I was going to say Happy Birthday.

I told her she was delusional, and I never said that, and I hung up the phone. I'm not picking it up again.

amy