View Single Post
Old 12-28-2016, 04:52 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  
bemyself

Gee, MeSo - I'm probably the last person to be mentioning this, but I think you'll get the point:

Remember how only last Weds (here) / Tues your time? you and I just happened to help each other out the door to a meeting? That was huge for me, and I stayed sober for the Weds and the Thurs both. Followed by drinking on each of the past 6 days, including today I'm afraid.

The reason I mention it is because I did exactly the same - 'drinking a day here or there' (literally) back in mid-November.........effectively, in the end, throwing away all the hard work of the previous 2 and a half months sobriety, which began with 3 weeks in rehab. And that's not for the first time in 2016. Or the years before that.

And it did indeed begin - as my particular 'cycle' does in recent years - with several days each week clean and sober. And with relatively mild amounts compared to earlier times. Part of it for me now is that my ageing body, with other health conditions, simply can't tolerate as much. But the cravings are the same, the triggers or 'position' the AV takes, however you want to view it. Once I pick up, however seemingly controlled for a while....I end up back drinking each day.

It doesn't have to be like that for you, MSS. If the AV piped up; it can also pipe down! because you're already sober, it's actually much easier for you to tell it just that. You, not It, are in the position of strength, y'see. You can do this.

Given the NY 'argument' put by the AV - maybe toddle on over as well to the Weekenders, and perhaps to some of the other threads already talking about NY. I believe that Ken (Weasel) will also shortly be starting up a specific NY weekenders thread, any time soon. No doubt there'll be heaps of people going through similar kinds of battles there.
x
Vic