Thread: First Symptoms?
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2016, 01:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Bleurgh

First Symptoms?

Hey all,

New to the forum. And slightly concerned.

I wouldn't consider myself an alcoholic but then I suppose not many would initially. A functioning alcoholic maybe. I don't need a drink, I just like one. Or five. I'm probably a heavy drinker. The frequency has been increasing over the years, and the festive period never helps. I'm not the stumbling, out of control kind. I'm very sensible for the most part.

I know I need to cut down, or at least give my liver time to recover - unfortunately I suddenly discovered that dreaded full body itch asssociated with bile obstruction last week, and it deosn't seem to have any intentions to taper off. My skin does look like it is rather glowing also but I could just be imagining this. I don't seem to have any other symptoms but I'm aware you don't until the whole thing has progressed extensively.

What were your initial symptoms if anything? Should I consult a professional? I'm not really a fan of doctors and the like. Or troubling them. I feel like my insomia is getting worse but it's hard to tell as my body clock is always skewed over the holiday zone.

For the record, my dad was an alcoholic so therefore I could be more pre-dispositioned and inclined to be so also. He died from alcoholic liver disease.

Would appreciate any feedback and suggestions - thank you in advance.