View Single Post
Old 12-28-2016, 09:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
ScottFromWI
Forum Leader

What kind of plan or program have you tried to follow in your sober time? Or are you just "not drinking"? For me, stopping the actual act of drinking was only the very beginning. I needed to specifically set aside time each and every day of my life to address sobriety as something I work for and constantly change my plan for. I also needed to address some of the underlying issues that might have contributed - Anxiety specifically for me. I saw my doctor, I eventually saw ( and continue to see occasionally ) a therapist, I practice mindfulness and meditation as much as possible, and continue to try and improve my physical health.

If you have not read the following thread it's a great read on the way others have gone about it too - and there are many, many ways. But the common theme with any of them is that living sober is a daily thing - you don't just suddenly "become" sober and the problems of our daily lives and our underlying issues don't disappear automatically because we quit drinking.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...at-we-did.html