View Single Post
Old 12-28-2016, 09:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
120degrees0ut

How can i learn how?

Ive been in a constant battle of not picking up alcohol again if im able to do so. i stay sober for 3 months, then im dying for it. or so i tell myself. i try to notice changes during sober months...to keep sober. i notice that doing everyday things, sober, just bore me. i find no joy in walking my dogs and seeing the gorgeous mountains outside. i find no joy in accomplishing tasks. i feel that im bored outta my skull staying sober. why is it that i crave the chaos and insanity alcohol promises to deliver me? If i cant find peace and joy in staying sober..how am i gonna continue a life of sobriety? i dont have kids, ive always been free to do as i please. i wish i could learn how to love and value my sobriety. i read lotsa members here are doing great with their sobriety. i do try, i just dont get it. or i havent seen the light? also i dont feel proud of myself for staying sober, nothing. its as if i have a mental block. everythings always a battle for me, nothing is simple and i can realize. i really dont get it....