View Single Post
Old 12-28-2016, 06:59 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
stargazer016
Quit 4/17/15

Originally Posted by kopfan View Post
I wasn't THAT bad was I?

Surely I can have another drink now I'm recovered. I'll just have a couple and then stop. I'll keep it to once a week or special occasions. If I overdo it I'll just stop again. Easy.
There must be an AV school where everyone's AV attended together. Mine said exactly the same words over and over. At one month sober, two months, six months, one year, every holiday and so on.

Why we suddenly can control our drinking now after, in my case, three decades of drinking, is lunacy. Yet the AV keeps trying to con us. It can be very persuasive.

Thank goodness, I found people here on SR that told me otherwise. Saskia went something like 13 years sober then had one glass of wine and struggled for years to regain her footing. There are many such stories here. I know for sure that I would have succumbed to the AV's "logic" and tried drinking "just one" once again if it wasn't for the wise advice given here.

Kopfan, you are correct. We all have drained every last ounce of joy from drinking a long time ago.

Have a great day all!