View Single Post
Old 12-28-2016, 03:33 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Pelagic263

Good to hear from you Jemma! It's good to see so many Marchers checking in despite some difficult circumstances.

Keets, I wish you all the best. You sound courageous, seriously courageous.

MITA, even the hectic good stuff can drive me to drink. Good for you.

Purpl, I hadn't heard of the Szalavitz book, but I looked it up and it sounds like the real deal. Let us know what you think of it. I might pick it up myself.

Sam, I like that meditation! I really should try meditation to quiet my mind. Good stuff.

I've sorta had my fill of family I think. Childless myself, the kiddies can wear me out! Also tired of turning down offers of drinks, tired of passing kitchen counters covered with bottles. Last night I couldn't sleep and I thought, just go down and nurse a beer. But I played it through: a second beer, a shot of whiskey, tomorrow a bottle.

Somehow, I've got to stay sober because a lot of crap is gonna fall on my shoulders, and soon. My father has months to live. I've got to make decisions about windmills next. I kid you not. What the h* do I know about windmills!

I'm flying to the west coast tomorrow. Whew!! My wife is already there.

Yesterday I went to watch Tundra Swans at a nearby nature preserve. Talk about brave and sober birds, they breed above the Arctic circle, winter here. A lesson in that I think. Whitman wrote that he liked the animals because they don't whine and complain about their condition. Yup, I should think about that.

Sorry for the ramble. Stay strong one and all.