View Single Post
Old 12-27-2016, 09:37 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
honeypig

December 27

This is posted from the "Today's Hope" site of Alanon.

DAILY SLOGAN/SAYING
To let go means to give up coercing, resisting, or struggling, in exchange for something more powerful and wholesome which comes out of allowing things to be as they are without getting caught up in your attraction to or rejection of them, in the intrinsic stickiness of wanting, of liking and disliking.
- Jon Kabat-Zinn

DAILY REFLECTION
When I am lonely, I try to think of angels.
- Betty MacDonald

We need comfort when we feel lonely. Loneliness is often coupled with fear. We wonder, Can I handle what faces me today? Often we think we can't. But we don't ever have to face any situation alone, or handle any painful relationship in isolation. The "angels" who guide and protect us are as close as our thoughts.

Twelve Step programs give us the freedom to define our Higher Power in any way that suits us. Believing our Higher Power is an angel satisfies our need to have someone watching over us, protecting us wherever we are, loving us despite our failings.

We are nurtured or harmed by the thoughts we carry in our minds. Imagining an angel or a ring of angels to walk us through each day relieves our loneliness and dissipates our fears.

I have a friend in my Higher Power. We'll be together throughout this day.

Daily share from the forum can be found here: Today's Sharing - Today's Hope