View Single Post
Old 12-26-2016, 06:20 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  
Itchy
Re-Member

Just a quick note that I read and loved the posts and the endurance so many are showing this year.

FBL,
Good job! Cribbage and music trivia champeen!

Manz,
Good job, like the previous years you can get through this back to your life.

Wolf,
I still have no idea what boxing day is, how it started (and neither do the experts) or why it is wished as a happy public holiday?
For my fellow cornfused non brit, common or not wealth, and US friends here is the best they can do to explain it?? AP EXPLAINS: What is Boxing Day and how did it get its name? | Fox News

Sassy,
Hot here, the A/C is on all day, and the heater at night set to 64 degrees does not kick on at all! The bugs are all having lots of hatchlings that also reproduce to bite the heck out of us come late spring. I liked Wham and George Michael's solo work as well.

Mags,
Yes it is a shame that he died so young. I'd like to hear the pathologist's report on it. Gay or not no one dies of AIDs today that stays on the antivirals and other meds we now have.

Wolf!
Hey bud! Here is an article you might like explaining the must binge shows there to be watched:
https://www.cnet.com/news/best-tv-sh...17807471581031

Toots,
Me too normally especially the cold callers that are live, and say thank you instead of pushing on thinking I will be intimidated. They get both barrels. I also take the time to ask for a supervisor when I get superior customer service. Supervisors need love too as they usually only field complaints. I used to love getting the one or two a year compliments on my people and you can bet I recognized them. I would buy these cheap: https://www.branders.com/product/6-p...tballs-130465/
Those cheap tiny air filled footballs and spray paint them gold. Then with a black Sharpie write "Game Ball" on it, along with the person's name and the date on it for their unit game saving service. They really took them to heart.

It is easier to be nice, and my self is happier when I am.

HI FG!

Gil,
Still running.

Me too RZ! I even took to using arse instead of ass. Royal arse sounds so much more formally appointed!

Andy et al,
In the military we used our phonetics to say what wee needed and without offending any civilians in hearing. A cluster is a Charlie Foxtrot, I got in the habit of saying phonetics even when angry or goofed and hit my finger instead of the nail.

Sierra Hotel India Tango!!

That wasn't just my generation as SNAFU and ROAD were already in use with about a hundred more. If some one didn't like it, Tango Sierra!

We had the same from my BIL and his wife yesterday. Their drama took precedence and they forgot about their end of cooking Christmas dinner and my wife I found over there helping her clean her house and no apology or concern for Christmas.

On the way home she offered for us to get Subway so she did not have to cook after I suggested we see if any restaurant was open so we could get our turkey dinner. I was angry but drinking never entered my mind. Nor acting out.

So I left their house and I brought part of the problem home with me.

Kris,
Hi!

I will be so glad in a few months when I am totally recovered in eyes and spine. No pain meds other than Naproxin and a 5 mg Flexeril. daily. No alcohol. Despite the first empty Christmas, with no Christmas dinner in my life.

We ended up finding a Chinese place open and we ate Chinese Christmas dinner.