Thread: Oversharing
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2016, 11:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
lizatola

Thanks everyone so far for the input.

You know, I think my problem is that I don't choose the best people as receivers of the information. I was way too open at my last job with people who, quite frankly, weren't the best at keeping their mouths shut. I haven't figured out office politics very well yet.

I also know that I tend to interject my two cents often even when its not asked for or I give opinions about things without being asked.

Maybe for me, it's about working on my listening skills with future clients and working on some interpersonal skills? My mom's friend basically said that i'm quite gregarious, which isn't a bad thing, but when I need to learn more about people's financial goals and concerns, she made reference to the fact that I don't listen very well and that many of her conversations with me were about ME or that I redirected the conversations back to me. Not in a bad way, just in a way where she said she felt unheard at times. She was very honest with me and my old sponsor once asked me to work on my listening skills for when I sponsor folks myself.

Just some things to think about and looking for resources to hone in on some interpersonal business skills.