Thread: Oversharing
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2016, 08:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Praying

I share way more than many other people. Some people are much more private. After breaking free from years of hiding and supporting XAH's issues and holding my head high through my marital misery...I don't fake anything anymore.

Some may call it oversharing. I call it basking in my reality and being unafraid to share my true self and my thoughts and fears--and to truly hear what others (whose opinions I value) think about situations. I ask to learn what others might do, but in the end will do what I decide. The best decisions are made after gathering as much knowledge and perspective as possible.

I work in a professional environment and deal with confidential information. I have corporate clients who I've developed strong relationships with. When my world turned to chaos as my divorce unfolded, I stopped pretending with them too--and was amazed at how many stories each of them had of similar things in their lives. At that point in time I HAD to overshare, because my service to them was impacted for a while--but it brought us even closer professionally and solidified a bond. It brought tears to my eyes how caring they were at that time. So...I'm a fan of sharing yourself even in those situations. I don't call it oversharing, just being genuine.

Now, I guess it depends what you're actually sharing, lol, but if it's not the color of your underwear and is about emotions or fears or dreams...I've been much happier when I'm open with it.

As I mentioned, some people are much more private and that's okay too.