Old 12-25-2016, 05:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
TonyKC

Christmas is rough. Mom didn't visit my daughter.

So after taking my alcoholic mother to the ER for a broken rib and countless bruises, I did not cut my alcoholic mother off entirely but did stipulate that if she wanted to see my 4 yo daughter it would have to be at my house where I could be assured she would not have access to alcohol. Within 1 week of that nightmare, she returned to drinking.

The last 24 hours have been terrible.

My mom and my siblings were upset that I would not make an exception for Christmas where we traditionally gather at my mother's house on Christmas day. Last night, she left within 10 minutes of my wife, daughter, and I arriving at my sister's house. Today, she bowed out of coming over to see my daughter despite the fact we live less than 5 miles from her.

My daughter has repeatedly asked where my mom is and really wanted to see her today.

I am incensed, saddened, and frankly ready to cut off ties entirely at this point. My wife thinks my mom is punishing me for playing hardball. I know that my mom, in her mind, thinks that I wasted the opportunity to go see HER at HER house today and therefore she is "off the hook" for not coming to see my daughter - so why not relax at home and watch football which is what she is doing right now.