View Single Post
Old 12-24-2016, 04:15 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
stargazer016
Quit 4/17/15

One more day of work until 7:00pm, then off tomorrow. Such is life in retail!

I hope that everyone here remembers while opening gifts tomorrow that the best gift of all does not come wrapped with a bow. Of course, I am talking about our sobriety. Take a moment to reflect, no matter how far along you are, just how much better each of our lives have become not drinking.

For those experiencing their first Christmas sober, don't worry if things feel a little flat. It will be a different experience not drinking with friends and family, but you will feel great waking up the next day. It can be difficult not drinking when everyone around you is, but we are with you in spirit. And I will tell you, the second Christmas sober is one of the best I have had since being a kid.

Spending quality time with your children and family, having conversations that you will remember, and not driving home intoxicated are amazing things. Memories will be created tomorrow that will last a lifetime!

It has been amazing watching all of the Undies make such amazing progress this year. I am glad to be able to throw my two cents in here, as well as some of the other veterans that post here. Be proud of the journey that began for you this year.

Happy Holidays to all!