View Single Post
Old 12-23-2016, 05:35 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
again2016

Originally Posted by zoso77 View Post
I knew I was going to pick up the ring two Fridays ago, so the night before, I told my soon-to-be-fiancée, Hey, bring a change of clothes with you so we can go out to dinner when you get home from work. Unbeknownst to her, I made reservations at The Capital Grille in Boston.

She comes over that night, grumpy after a long week, and walks into my bedroom to change. I ask, Did you bring a change of clothes?

Yeah, I know you don't want to be seen with me in public when I'm in my scrubs.

Well, you can't wear scrubs because we're going to The Capital Grille in Boston.

She's now confused. Why are we going into Boston?

To celebrate, honey.

Celebrate what?

I whip out the ring from my back. This.

Stunned silence. I managed to catch her completely off guard, and as I held her, she was shaking like a leaf.

The Capital Grille, on the occasion of our engagement, gave us a free round of champagne and free dessert which was served on this long plate with "Congratulations" written in chocolate in the middle, with cheesecake on one end and flourless chocolate espresso cake on the other. It was a great night.

Our plan is to elope to the Caribbean over the Labor Day weekend next year. It's more cost-effective than having a wedding up here, and then we'll have a bender when we get back.

So, fun times going into Christmas to be sure.

And as for Mom...wow, just wow...

Outstanding story Zoso Congrats to you!! God Bless and enjoy every moment.,.............Thanks, needed a happy ending today
c011: