Thread: I failed.....
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2016, 10:34 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by FireSprite View Post
I'm so sorry Liz, I know you must be terribly disappointed.

I wish I could count the number of professionals I know (both in & out of this same industry) that missed their first licensing exam like this, by *thismuch*.

Honestly, knowing how difficult this test is & how short of a timeframe you had to prepare once the decision was made..... I'm impressed with how well you did!

Good luck finding out more at work today, you'll be in my thoughts!!
Thank you! Yeah, we had a 5 week crash course. I know of one other girl who failed. I made friends with 3 girls in CO and of the 4 of us we were at 50%, lol.

We both got a second chance to try again, though. I start my training today and have to cover 3 chapters all over again, lol. There's a huge part of me that is scared to death to fail a second time and the other part (the competitive side) that says, "Bring it on!"

I will retake the test the first week of February and then just fall back into a new schedule. If I fail a second time, I'm out of the program completely.

I had dinner with my Regional Leader last night along with 2 other new advisors who are in the same process as me, just at different places in their schedules. My bf was really encouraging to them, but he thinks a lot of new folks really don't understand just how hard the job is and how much it will demand of you. He's been very successful at it but this job isn't for everyone and he's basically given me a crash course in the job because I see him at work and I know his story intimately.
My regional leader is female and she really wants me to get on board because she feels women are not represented enough in financial services and she said we have openings on our region that truly need filling. She's been pushing me to get back at it and encouraging me as well.

So, long story short......I get that second chance. Now, I just need to put the work in and study ALL OVER AGAIN! As much as that kills me to say I have to try again, I know it's necessary and I am determined to succeed.

BF woke up this AM early and was out watching TV before I got up. He patted the couch next to him and motioned for me to cuddle up with him. I almost started to cry when he hugged me in and I just buried my head in his shoulder.....I was so worried that I was going to have to start over and find a new job.

Oh, and my teenager got a job, too. New grocery store in the neighborhood and he had training last week and a crash course in weird coworkers, too, lol. He had a guy ask him if we had a room for him to rent. Umm, what grown adult asks an 18 year old if he has a room to rent? Anyway, I guess life is pretty good. Time for me to regroup and pull up my big girl panties!