View Single Post
Old 12-20-2016, 07:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
jerford18

Increased Anxiety

Hey everybody

I am just wondering if anybody else has experienced a huge increase in Anxiety since becoming or trying to become sober?

My quit day was October 29th but I have fallen off the wagon twice (both in December).

After all the initial symptoms (night sweats, shaking, irritability, head aches) I experienced three weeks of hardcore insomnia.

I went to a doctor who prescribed me sleeping meds and I was worried I would get hooked on those so now I am trying to sleep without them and I am doing ok.

My latest issue has been with anxiety - which has caused me to fall of the wagon because I just can't handle how extreme it has been....

Some days I wake up in a panic and I don't even know why.... I feel like I should be doing something yet there is nothing of particular importance I need to do at the exact moment and I am also constantly freaking out about the future....

I exercise a lot, read, hang out with my wife but sometimes I just can't shake the thoughts or the terrible feeling anxiety gives me so I fell off the wagon because I know if I am drunk at least my head will stop spinning temporarily.......

My sister thinks that I should go on some medication as it will help with my recovery now that I do not have insomnia......

what do you think? Does anybody else have anxiety like this? It is hard for me to do my job because of all these racing thoughts..... I am a school teacher so for me to come clean with my boss and tell her I am a recovering alcoholic with anxiety issues will probably hurt my ability to continue teaching but if I keep having these panic attacks I am not going to be a good teacher regardless.

Feeling a little stuck.