View Single Post
Old 12-19-2016, 11:57 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
gatorade

Thank you all for the support. It's been a little over 72 hours since my last drink.

The withdrawal symptoms I have been experiencing have gone down a lot. My heart-rate is normal, and I have way less "brain fog." I sweat a lot last night in bed, and again had really vivid dreams..but woke up and had a big breakfast - first time in months. Usually I just wake up and start drinking, or don't have anything to eat so when I do start drinking I can get drunk faster.

I think my mini-taper on Friday helped with lessening my symptoms. I'm lucky/thankful they didn't progress past what I was experiencing because even though it was manageable, it wasn't comfortable at all.

I get cravings, especially yesterday when I felt half-way decent and thought "I could probably handle a few drinks by now." They will probably get worse with the holidays coming up. Been years since I had a family holiday where I wasn't drunk for a lot of it. I still have a fifth of rum in my truck (unopened). I'm going to pour it down the drain soon.