View Single Post
Old 12-18-2016, 06:24 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Jmv2003

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
Oh, sorry, yeah, I did read that as you knew HE was seeing a lawyer. Brain transposed the sentence.

I still wouldn't worry about reassuring him. He doesn't need to know what you're doing.

It's possible to represent yourself in a divorce, though with kids and any substantial property/debt it isn't a good idea. But if you don't think he's going to be fighting anything, you might try finding a lawyer willing to advise you and to look over the paperwork you draft. You certainly need to be sure you draft everything correctly, but there are some lawyers willing to help out in this way. Might take some doing to find one, but it's worth looking into. At the very least it might significantly reduce your legal fees. And if he lawyers up, you definitely won't want to be going it alone.
Well, after meeting with 2 lawyers, they each said it is very soon to be filing for divorce and if I am not 100% set on it(I am not) then I shouldnt do it and that I should just go with a separation agreement.

I'm just so annoyed! Why is he doing this? I know drinking is his issue but why does he not seem happier that I have backed off and I am leaving him alone?