View Single Post
Old 12-18-2016, 11:59 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
August252015

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
There will always be difficulties to face in life picturebigger. I drank beer exclusively and a lot of it, for a long time. PAWS in itself is not a diagnosable condition as much as a collection of other symptoms that are common in recovering addicts. How much you drank and how long really isn't a direct indicator of whether you will have it or not. Bottom line you are letting the thought of something in the future hold you back from something you need to do now. Are you ready to do it?
I had a severe vodka habit by the end and I was very (VERY) sick. I chose cold turkey and an unknown type and amount of suffering in the immediate term over certain death by drinking. I was just DONE.

I suffered from PAWS and have described it elsewhere on different threads; I don't remember much of the first five or so weeks of my sobriety and saw my first big shift to feeling better around 100 days.

Pretty short amount of time to suffer- and I went through things like leg seizures, routine incontinence, vomiting, spatial difficulties, aphasia, just to name a few things- to be sober and so much healthier on the brink of 10 months.

You just have to decide if you want to be sober more than you want to drink, or are afraid of the immediate term when you quit. I had good drs and meds to support my process - help is there for you if you need it.

Good luck.