View Single Post
Old 12-17-2016, 12:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
PhoenixJ

The stuff I find hard to do is making my hart catch up with my brain. I am the king of mind re-runs. My healing requires me to accept the feelings I have and work through them- very hard and painful as it is. I wish 'this' never happened. If only I had done that. Well Cinderella, I remind myself- get in line...
You know the feeling of loneliness and I believe you are grieving- alcohol, career, friends... Despite the negative aspects of booze- it was a major part of my life- secrecy, the ritual of buying the stuff- the perfect drinking scene.
Have you a support network- a counsellor to talk his stuff over with? Loneliness is a biggie. Keep trying. Look outside of what you know and take a positive, safe risk and do something new- no matter how hard or pointless you may think it to be.
I tried painting- but thought it was b/s- therapy- basket weaving- putting crappy pictures from waiting room magazines on cardboard to make crappy cards. But I love it. Same with gym. Same with study.
Try and make an effort to make new connections. You might be pleasantly surprised.