View Single Post
Old 12-17-2016, 06:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
gatorade

21 hours since my last drink

I'm 26. There's been periods in my past where I've drank heavily, and then stopped/tapered down with no ill effects really. I have been a daily drinker since the beginning of summer (after a 4 month highly productive period of being sober). Usually anywhere from 3-8 beers with the occasional binge. For the past month or so I've been drinking a lot of hard alcohol. Anywhere from 5 to 15 shots per day.

Earlier this week I went on a 3-4 day bender, basically staying drunk the entire day (6AM to 9PM). Making terrible decisions. Blacking out at night. Thursday night I blacked out again, puked, and then passed out in bed.

Friday morning I woke up at 5 AM, entire body shaking. I got up and took a shot. It calmed me down for about 5 hours, then anxiety/elevated heart-rate and sweaty palms set in. Felt like I couldn't sit still, was pacing around my room.

Had 1 shot every hour or so, until 2 PM. Then I stopped. Mainly because I felt I would puke if I took the next shot (I almost puked on my last one).

I couldn't eat anything, had no appetite. Took one bite of lunch/dinner and thought I was going to puke (I didn't though - barely). Thankfully I had no other symptoms besides anxiety, light-headiness, sweaty palms, and moderate nausea. I drank water/gatorade all day and took some multi-vitamins.

Went up to bed early, and finally fell asleep around 9 or 10. I woke up a couple times throughout the night and had some gatorade/water. Really vivid dreams, no nightmares though. Got up at 5 AM and felt better, and was actually able to eat some food (first time in over 24 hours). A lot of days I don't eat until dinner, because if I day drink on an empty stomach I can get drunk quicker. Thursday night when I blacked out I only had one small meal in the middle of the day, and about a fifth of rum.

Now it's 21 hours after my last drink yesterday. Anxiety/sweaty palms are still here. Heart-rate is lowered, but when the anxiety ramps up it increases. I'm also experiencing infrequent diarrhea. I'm hoping these are the only symptoms I will need to deal with.

To be honest I'm lucky to not be dead or in jail with the stuff I've done this week. I just want to feel 'normal' again. Appreciate this site a lot, reading all of your stories/updates gives me some hope.