Thread: Fear
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2016, 06:37 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
irisgardens

Glad you heard from him.

Have and am where you are frequently-but in 2014, after daughter cut me off for 7 months and got very very sick-plus after calling the police dept several months before that while in South America, working to regroup from complete financial loss-great recession AND two previous addicts (grateful they are functioning and handling their own lives now), and the police person explained (when I questioned about the wisdom of providing another phone for contact), that the phone would (not could or possible), but would be used to make drug contacts.

We learned until last May, when fell again (for a promised step that never occurred and in fact, has led to my AD getting worse and moving to streets and really just awful to see)...when we learnt again.

You are great to have held strong through the storm. It is quite wearying--glad, however, that you did hold strong and that you do have contact.

My husband goes weekly to search the streets around where she is, he buys her a sandwich and puts her on the phone to me. I simply say I love her, ask a few pertinent questions sometimes-as she was once a truth teller par excellence-although in complete denial about herself-still says some truthful things at times.

Although seems super hard and my emotions are pretty worn through and not feeling much hope, have also learned that cannot help her (we tried and all (not some-all) backfired)...so am living here for now.