View Single Post
Old 12-15-2016, 07:13 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
zerothehero
waking down

I feel your pain, Sober. I too have a sister that worries the hell out of me. I fear she could end up homeless and become a burden. I feel guilty for thinking that way, but it's not like I'm rich, but she's already hinting at needing assistance. My wife is of the "no way she is living here" opinion, and I don't blame her. We're both sober, getting or pretty much have our **** together, and my sister is drinking and using. She's a mess physically, financially, emotionally...and she's just not taking the steps to secure assisted housing or some other option. She's not making sense. Talks about buying someplace cheap so her mortgage will be low, but says she can't pay rent, so where is her down payment? Goes to doctors for real reasons and for no real reason. And just keeps on sucking wine and waiting for a miracle, I guess. She's supposedly on disability and so she "can't" work, but there is evidence she could if she took care of herself. Classic dilemma - get a job and they cut off disability so don't get a job. Grrrr... And just poor choice after poor choice...

Sorry, just venting. Reading about your sister, Sober, just got my anxiety up. I feel for you. It's so hard to watch people destroy themselves. Currently, I feel like helping mine financially would only enable her. She could land hard before she wakes up, but she could also end up like your sister. I don't want to be cold and heartless, but I've got things to consider, and I can't afford to spend my savings on her, especially if it just gets sucked up to no avail.

Anyway, enough of that. I wish you well. I wish you all well. I'm doing fine, otherwise. Going to visit another sister who is battling cancer, but she's been responsible, has a family, didn't burn through every relationship she's ever had, and thus has support. I kind of feel like she'll beat the cancer while my other sister falls apart. Cruel world sometimes.

Enjoy your holidays, folks. Stay clean. Breathe. Love each other. Don't put up with too much ****.