View Single Post
Old 12-15-2016, 06:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
joshywaa718

8 months sober...struggling..

I haven't posted here since I was very freshly sober, its good to be back. Not sure if I'm posting this in the right place but oh well.

Anyways, I will have 8 months sober next week which I am extremely proud of..... however I am struggling with moderate to severe depression and crippling anxiety.

The first 30 days of my sobriety were difficult but I got through them. From like 45 days - 4 months, I was on that "pink cloud" that I guess those in recovery call it. I was excited about life, optimistic, not anxious, etc.

I guess I just don't know what to do. I attend AA meetings weekly, am working the steps with a sponsor, co-chair an AA meeting weekly, exercise pretty rigorously every day, talk to other alcoholics....I feel like I'm doing so much to try and enjoy recovery and I'm just not...I feel so depressed and basically am feeling all the feelings that drove me to drink and drug in the first place. I feel like I have no reason to be unhappy. I have every reason to smile and be happy. My life is going in a good direction for the first time in 8 years. But yet...I'm so miserable.

I want it to get better and I feel like I'm hanging on by a thread. Did any of you feel like this around this time in your sobriety? If so, what..if any advice could you give me? Any reply is appreciated. Thank you.