View Single Post
Old 12-15-2016, 04:46 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
soberlicious

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Originally Posted by Algorithm
I'm sorry to hear that, but how is she obtaining the alcohol in that state? Is there no way to prevent that?
We wondered the same, Algo. Apparently " a cab driver named Charlie" brings it to her and she "tips him well". I have thought of finding out who this guy is, but after I shred him and get rid of him, will there just be another Charlie? The Beast is surprisingly adept at getting what it wants when it has completely taken over its host. I think it is even a struggle to keep the alcohol down, and I'm guessing in her state it takes her several tries as the body rejects it and vomits initially. The hospice nurse takes it from her, but she gets more. She is almost at the point of being declared incompetent, but that's been a struggle legally, as she is somehow still considered of sound mind (?).

She's been in several rehabs/detoxes. I gave her the RR book several years ago and for a time she even went to meetings. I don't believe in lost causes, but I fear death will come for her soon.

It is heartbreaking and maddening.