Thread: Alky types.
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2016, 10:59 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
entropy1964

clumsy 12-Steppers
grade-school-level Big Book

Hey Algo

I know you are very passionate about Rational Recovery, and that is awesome. And I've been meaning to dig more into the stickies on the secular sub forum so I can learn more. I'm always open to anything that help me stay sober....and be happy. All at the same time even.

I'm not trying to get into some negative discussion. Truly I'm not. And your feelings about AA are obvious and I completely accept that. Support it. I'm happy you have found what works for you.

A suggestion: Many come here who simply will not try AA. Or they cannot. Or they have had a bad experience. They are looking for options. Have you thought about being a little more, dunno, approachable when presenting your views? I mean, you are who you are. But if I were new, read stuff that took obvious aim at people's intelligence, I would be very intimidated. I would think "Man, I must have to be really intellectual, like this guy, in order to recover with Rational Recovery. I hate AA. I'm outta here".

I am so happy you have found a program that works for you. Frankly I have a lot of questions and have often thought of asking them in the Secular forum. But I'm scared of being called stupid and clumsy, ya know?

Just my opinion.