View Single Post
Old 12-14-2016, 09:55 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
RainbowBird

Hi BlankSpace, welcome! Others have said beautifully, and perhaps much better than I, what I would also say to you.

SR has been a great help for me, and I'm sure you will find it a great part of your support system as well. Keep reading and posting! Take it day by day. Hour by hour or minute by minute if you have to. Finding things to distract you may help. I am 26 days in and I still celebrate that it is 11am my time and I have not had a drink [I used to start drinking as soon as I got up until I went to bed].

For now, what helps me is just that. That TODAY I will not drink, not even one drink because one WILL lead to 10 glasses of wine and certain regret. Will I regret things done sober, I can't guarantee that but, I can guarantee that I will absolutely regret drinking. For me, I can only focus on today, 30 days out is too scary for me right now to say I won't drink for 30 days.

Be gentle on yourself and take the effort to understand what causes you to drink and what resources will help you continue on your recovery. We're here for you!