View Single Post
Old 12-11-2016, 08:22 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Jmv2003

Originally Posted by zjw View Post
i cant tell if theres alcoholism either to be honest. seems like a lot of focus on him tho and it takes 2 to tango. He didnt get this way overnight. I'd imagine if his behavior went to crap while living with you and it was drinking related you would have noticed the drinking issue prior to him moving out. Thats what makes me think theres more to this then if he drinks or not. He might be drinking more currently becuase its a crap situation etc.. it might lead to alcholism it might not I dunno. I know lots of folks who drink to cope but are not alcohlics (IE rough spot in life they drink then once it passes they dont drink anymore).

It soundes like he's shut his emotions off tho as a way to protect himself from you or the situation. Men can be like that we will shut it all off so we can charge forward with what needs to be done in order to get thigns done or protect ourselves etc..

I agree with everything you say. Maybe he is not an alcoholic but a moderate alcohol abuser. I do know that this was an issue when he lived at home. I think after him telling me several times I was paranoid because my parents were alcoholics that I looked away. I can tell you though, he drank often and a lot! He told our therapist that he was drinking a glass of vodka every night before he went to bed. The last 6 months before he left he was sleeping on the couch so I didnt watch him drink himself to sleep every night. His family knows he is a drinker too. They have seen it.