Thread: New to AVRT
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2016, 05:18 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  
MesaMan

^^^ BAM! This! ^^^

It doesn't matter if feeling good about what I've achieved via CE is the AV hiding out. Because, my response to that possible Event is: I still don't drink.

It doesn't matter if the AV pipes up 3 times over 10 Years. Because, my response to that is: I still don't drink.

It doesn't matter if new Neural Pathways develop or not. You know the answer... I believe the Science is generally in on this matter, BTW.

By speculating on what I would term very hypothetical 'what ifs' - that read like mandatory conformance to some sort of 'AVRT Purity Litmus Test' - we're complicating the simple. Especially in a Thread with the Title of this one.

Also, to my Eye, these hypothetical 'Escape Clauses To Sobriety' being postulated are starting to read just like other Methods that say: 'I'm Sober, but I might slip down the Road IF I don't follow Regimen X several times a Week'. That's just ODAAT masquerading in Sheep's Clothing. Those Scenarios proposing that a strengthened AV might get me sometime down the Road are - quite ironically - is pure AV that is seeking conditions that somehow might test me. Actually not. Such Scenarios do not challenge me in any significant way because - ta da - I still don't drink.

Let's get Program Newcomers through the Early Days here, and start another Thread, perhaps, on advanced or arcane Scenarios.

Once the Beast is stringently compartmentalized outside ourselves, I find dealing with it - and completely shutting it down - about as daunting as dumping a small, annoying piece of Gravel out of my Shoe.

Don't Over-Think.

Don't Drink.