Thread: New to AVRT
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2016, 04:07 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  
soberlicious

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Originally Posted by Algorithm
You are absolutely correct in making the connection with the idea of complacency, but I'm not saying that one should be afraid, I am saying that one should be aware that it is the Addictive Voice itself suggesting that AV silence, or the absence of desire, is in some way connected with success.
That's right. I do not agree that AV silence is connected to success. Which is why I disagree with ODAAT, because that will appear to silence the noise but really It's only quieting down because It still has a chance so It's cool with that. That said, there is a good and positive feeling with shining a light on the Beast and saying I see you and having It shrink away.
but I am glad that IT suffers.
Exactly this.

I feel good that I am permanently abstinent and I am often grateful that I do not have constant noise. This may be my AV...idk I haven't thought about it much personally because I don't drink and will never drink. It has returned a couple of times in the last 10 years (even pretty intensely once), but obvi didn't cause me to drink. I think people who have just quit want to be reassured that "it gets better" and I want to reassure them that it does, because what's the point of quitting if not to reclaim your life and live it the way you want to not the way IT wants to? I guess I would probably point out that success is not defined by absence of AV, but absence of fear in the face of AV. The struggle isn't created by the AV, the struggle is created by engaging with it...and that activity does lessen with separation. Am I misleading others by suggesting that?