Thread: New to AVRT
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2016, 07:23 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
soberlicious

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
I understand yes, Algo. but thinking that it's a "good" thing to be free of constant chatter doesn't necessarily = "All better now! Let's drink!" What of the satisfaction and joy of having kicked an addiction?

I agree that one should expect some activity even years later, that has been my experience. I look at it now the same way Gerandtwine described earlier, it's like "huh...that's weird" it's almost oddly funny to have those thoughts occasionally and interesting to examine them.

I understand that you're saying that lowering Beast activity is only incidental, but if that were not the initial goal for many I'd be surprised. When the Beast first hears Never, it goes nutsssss. As we all know, it then retreats as a result of Never, so getting to that point provides much needed relief from the struggle.

I think being afraid of feeling good that the Beast is pretty much locked away can also be compared to the fear of "complacency", which is another silly notion if you're a nondrinker. If others say they are so happy that they've noticed a decrease in Beast activity, I would state that they should expect later activity but not fear it. It will come and it will go. The answer will still be the same.

I think if someone says, "Man, I feel great since becoming a nondrinker. I don't even think about drinking anymore!" What would your response to them be?