Thread: Waffling
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2016, 11:48 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
unsureoffuture

Yikes, I am reading your post and remembering when I was in your place. Remembering when I thought that him not being angry or unpredictable was an acceptable way to live, an acceptable way to be treated. Remembering when I was so entrenched in the cycle of alcoholism that I would second guess after a good day, weekend, week etc.

"Yes, he drank. Maintained the steady buzz he lives in. He did pass out Friday and Saturday night. Once in bed, so that was nice not to have to step over him. The next night, it was on the couch next to me so I left him there once the snoring was too loud to finish the movie I was watching....

Date night last night was nice. yes he drank, not too much to be annoying but he did. I had a beer too. There was nice affection and smiles. I would say a good time.
"

The things I used to have to tell myself is to look at the big picture. Look at the entire month, 6 month, year etc. My ExAH was the entire person he was both good and bad. Are you able to accept him the way he is because his actions are not showing he is willing to change one bit? Despite knowing how you feel he "maintained a steady buzz throughout the weekend". He is telling you with his actions that he is not changing.

Your words above sound as if you "tolerated" him over the weekend. A healthy relationship is one in which you don't tolerate each other but one who meets your needs, is reliable, trustworthy, helpful, consistent, honest, communicates well.

Keep reading here, educate yourself, go to meetings, set healthy boundaries. You deserve a partner who gives you back everything your give to them.