Thread: New to AVRT
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2016, 10:08 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
GerandTwine
Not The Way way, Just the way

Originally Posted by Algorithm View Post
... the Big Plan ... brings the Addictive Voice into consciousness, ... by providing a clear context against which the AV may stand out for recognition.
At risk of further Big Plan bravado, I suggest that the Big Plan provides the ONLY clear context against which the AV may stand out for recognition. That's due to the Beasts primitive understanding of time. Even "I will not drink until I'm 85 yrs old" does not create a clear context.

Originally Posted by Algorithm
Without a Big Plan, AVRT becomes just another tentative quit drinking experiment, another "choosing not to drink today" approach, but a Big Plan, while technically sufficient by itself, in that some people may quit without the use of AVRT, the Big Plan is not, by itself, AVRT, regardless of any Big Plan bravado. In AVRT, recognition, and separation, are equally important.
I'd add that the combination of the Beast and its AV against The Big Plan puts into play the most Articulate, Validated, Recovery Tactics ever devised by man, and it took a resourceful phormerly drunk licensed clinical social therapist with a great flair for good and interesting writing and his wife to put it all together after careful study over many years how we all truly recover and get on with life.

I believe, in terms of positive, major paradigm shifts in the hisotry of addiction recovery AVRT is only challenged by what the six Washingtonians devised 175 years ago when it first became common knowledge that drunkards could completely recover with an 1840's version of the Big Plan and a friendly approach to help them sign it in a public setting, (public, because everyone already knew who they were. Today, you've got to be careful who knows, thus, thank you SR for your forum privacy features).

Of the fifty or so other recovery programs I'm aware of that have existed over the last two centuries, all of them have critically altered the pledge or denied it altogether. This is one reason the book "RR The New Cure" is so long. It has a great deal of Institutional Addictive Voice myth making to undo.