View Single Post
Old 12-08-2016, 05:45 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
zjw

i was out of work once before eyars ago. couldnt get unemployment couldnt get help for the kids medical insurance. too much pride to sign up for welfare etc.. I borrowed all i could borrow. ended up selling my house taking the equity and moved in with family till I could find work. It was crap. But I found work had that equity money and was able to feed us and buy another home. It was scary but it all worked out for the better ultimately.

When I got sober i had massive debt. again I somehow figured that out and it worked.

In the moment it was all so scary this great big unknown and I was so worried. I felt like my hands where tied and my welfare was out of my control. It stunk feeling like there was nothing i could do to solve my troubles then and there. Oh yeah sure apply here apply there and so on all great ideas but that didnt put bread on my table then and there adn that was no garantee of a job either just cause I interviewed here or sent a resume there.

In my case I hit a point of surrender. I thought welp if none of this is within my control all i can do is just ride this wave and hope something pans out. I was almost delerious at times at how i just had stopped worrying about it. I felt why? theres nothing i can do. I just kept doing what i could do. like you when i was out of work I found some minimum wage job it barely put food on the table let alone the mortgage car payments etc... But I was like welp what can i do :shrug: and just kept looking and tried to keep my chin up.

For me being out of work i had more free time. I tried to use this time wisely doing what i could around the house and i did a lot of reading. I feel it was not a waste of time so this made me feel better.

I also used to be so greatful that while iw as out of work I didnt have some crap boss to answer too. and sometimes would laugh to myself about how i was on this great long vacation all be it a very poor and crappy one i was free at last from the chains of some job tho this would make me smile which I needed.

My point is it does work out in time it always does. Hang in there.