View Single Post
Old 12-08-2016, 03:42 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Ken33xx

Originally Posted by Stellar45 View Post
Hi to everyone. I am on day 71 of sobriety and it has been good in many respects. I am sleeping better, have improved relationships with my immediate family, have noticed a sharp increase in my productivity, etc. etc. The list could go on and on.
However I am currently feeling the pressure of financial insecurity as I am the primary breadwinner in my household. This past May I was discharged from a very good job and have managed to keep the family afloat with lesser paying jobs but with the advent of winter coming on, many of the construction jobs I once worked have gone away along with the longer daylight hours which use to spell more overtime when those jobs were available.
I am now struggling to even get hired on at Wal-Mart and have probably set the record for most interviews at the Home Depot in my area! I feel like such a failure. I am currently washing dishes for 30 hours per week and work minimum wage staffing jobs when I can on my free days but the work is not there as it once was in the summer.
I am starting to feel fearful and the thought of drinking has started to come back this past week but I don't want to give in to it.
My wife had an AED defibrillator put in her heart and was told by doctors to no longer work. We are currently hoping to make it to February of 2017 as then her 2 year wait for disability will finally be over and according to our attorneys, finally approved.My wife and I our raising our 2 grandkids both 11 and 2 years old. They are depending on me and I don't want to see them homeless or our vehicle repossessed.
I made over two times minimum wage and a few bucks on top of it for over 10 years and no longer have that. Iam now feeling it big time. Anyone else ever been in this situation? If so how did you manage to pull through? Any and all replies will be grteatly appreciated. Thanks.

My first three years in sobriety I was working enough just to stay afloat. I was 35 years old when I joined AA.

At one point I considered moving back to my home town. Worst case it would be back to the unemployment line. However, I was sober and that made all the difference when a job opportunity presented itself.

Can't really do much except take action.

My break came because I sent out my resume and it was an emergency on their part. I got called in on a Friday and started work the next Monday.