View Single Post
Old 12-07-2016, 08:47 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
thousandwords53

Originally Posted by garnetwaters View Post
My STBXAH would tell me the same stuff. Sometimes I was just like my mother, sometimes I was like my father. He couldn't keep it straight. It didn't matter. He would call me a nag, too, or tell me everyone knows how moody I am, or how I screwed up something. None of it mattered. I finally got to the point where I told him, "If you want to go out, just go. You don't have to pick a fight". Because that's what this is.

Don't believe his BS. Take care of you and your kids. While he's actively using, he's going to do and say whatever gets him what he wants. Protect your kids and stay off that crazy train.

From your other replies, it sounds like you have a plan. Stay strong.
Yes and thank you, that made me think of all the ways AH contradicts himself.

Will go from: He can't parent the way he wants without my interjection, I don't involve him enough / To this: He just can't handle these kids. Next time I work on a weekend, I need to find other child care arrangements. Or abandoning us at family functions because he's off drinking somewhere or can't handle the family stress. (At a function with HIS family more often than not)

Ok. I have sufficiently reminded myself why I'm here. Another post of mine to go back and read when I'm in doubt.