Thread: New to AVRT
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2016, 07:11 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
GerandTwine
Not The Way way, Just the way

Here's an analogy of how the AV might lie about IT's "strength".

Originally Posted by Algorithm
It [the AV] implies fear of one's own bodily desires, and suggests that the Beast could come in from the parking lot after doing push-ups and get them if they don't stay vigilant or engage in defensive rituals.
And here's where that AV lie was picked up and mistaken as true.

Originally Posted by Tatsy
...if it's absent, I ignore its absence ( i.e. don't view it as 'good' because it might be using its absence to do push-ups in the car park).
So it's good the the AV lie was further exposed here.

Originally Posted by Algorithm View Post
... it doesn't matter how many push-ups the Beast does in the parking lot, but it does matter whether or not I believe that it matters.
Yes, language is important, and thinking about thinking about thinking about ...

So, I believe AVRT is not complicated at all. And I cannot overemphasize the importance of the Big Plan. Without it, for me, AVRT is an exercise in frustration. I underwent that frustration here on SR severeal years ago before I made the Big Plan for man made sweets. My repeated choice to NOT make the Big Plan for sweets simply rendered me a hostile witness against myself in the Beast's court of Candyland. Once I made that Big Plan (right here on SR) my AV became crystal clear and the separation was immediate and profound. I actually felt the presence of that other entity that had been resisting the Big Plan. I knew I had beaten it. My past experiences with utilizing the Big Plan on other abstinences made it all the easier to immediately move on with my life.

GT