Old 12-07-2016, 05:21 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Mountainmanbob

AA Big Book

135:2
Here is a case in point: One of our friends is a heavy smoker and coffee drinker. There was no doubt he over-indulged. Seeing this, and meaning to be helpful, his wife commenced to admonish him about it. He admitted he was overdoing these things, but frankly said that he was not ready to stop. His wife is one of those persons who really feels there is something rather (sinful) about these commodities, so she nagged, and her intolerance finally threw him into a fit of anger. He got drunk.

13:2
There I humbly offered myself to God, as I then understood Him, to do with me as He would. I placed myself unreservedly under His care and direction. I admitted for the first time that of myself I was nothing; that without Him I was lost. I ruthlessly faced my (sins) and became willing to have my new-found Friend take them away, root and branch. I have not had a drink since.

61:2
Our actor is self-centered - ego-centric, as people like to call it nowadays. He is like the retired business man who lolls in the Florida sunshine in the winter complaining of the sad state of the nation; the minister who sighs over the (sins) of the twentieth century; politicians and reformers who are sure all would be Utopia.